French Business Schengen Visas
Express 3 Day Service
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR FRENCH SCHENGEN VISAS
The French Consulate serve the requirements of France's entry clearance protocols and where visa nationals are concerned, the Embassy needs to substantiate:
- Who is entering France;
- Their reasons for entering France;
- Their means of entry;
- Their means of financial support whilst in France;
- Where they intend to stay;
- That they are covered by medical/travel insurance;
- That they have good reason to return to the UK or country or origin on completion of their trip.
The document requirements listings shown below are the criteria as laid out by French Embassy for applications being lodged by registered agents.
The presentation of these documents in their original form will not guarantee the success of an application as the Embassy may still request additional documents to satisfy their reasons to allow entry to their country.
DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL FRENCH SCHENGEN VISAS:
VALID PASSPORT ENDORSED WITH VALID LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK
The applicant MUST be resident in the UK, e.g. Requires Leave To Remain in the UK as a Student, working holiday maker, work permit holder, HSMP etc... AND
The UK residency permit must be endorsed in the actual passport. Home Office stamps/vignettes that are on separate documents will not be accepted by the embassy - If Visa Dependent, original marriage/birth certificate required + the primary resident's passport. AND
The applicant's UK Leave must exceed the validity of the requested visa by more than 3 months. The embassy no longer issues visas for travel during the last remaining 3 months validity of the UK residence permit. AND
The passport validity must exceed the validity of the requested visa by more than 3 months and must have 2 full blank pages, one for the visa stamp and an additional spare page.
AN SCHENGEN VISA APPLICATION FORM
The Schengen application form is to be completed and signed by the applicant in box 37 and the last declatation box.
2 CURRENT PASSPORT PHOTOS FOR EACH APPLICATION
The photographs are to be (45mm x 35mm), colour, less than one month old, taken against a white background with good contrast clear/good quality image, printed on normal photographic paper, full face without sunglasses or head covering. Scanned images will be rejected by the French Embassy.
Supporting Documents Requirements for a French Schengen Business Visa:
- UK Employer's letter (on original letter headed paper) to be addressed to the French embassy and to state the position held within the company; the purpose of visit and that the applicant will be returning to continued employment; the medical/travel insurance and repatriation cover policy that the applicant is traveling under (if company blanket policy). The letter must be less than 1 month old at the time of the application submission, signed and have full contact details.
- Letter of invitation from the French company stating the applicants' name; Reason for invitation; Itinerary dates and accommodation details etc. The letter/communication must be less than 1 month old at the time of the application submission. Trips to conferences held in France are not considered business trips unless the applicant's company's French division is hosting the event. For the purposes of attending conferences, applicants are required to supply the additional documentation as for a tourist application (Bank statement and payslip).
- Travel Insurance cover policy documentation showing policy number and relevant cover details. This official documentation must reference the individual applicant by name or the name of the company that the applicant is working for. The policy must cover the duration of the visit (An annual cover policy will improve the chances of being issued a longer term multiple entry or circulation visa).
- The Embassy's Insurance/Assurance declaration form is to be signed by the applicant.
- Confirmed return ticket to France or confirmation from travel agent showing proof of payment (no open ticket itinerary).
- Most recent month's (original current/checking account) bank statement + last 3 payslips - overdrafts are not accepted, nor are credit card or savings statements.
- Proof of Hotel reservations confirmation throughout entire trip. If staying with friends/relatives or at a hosts accommodation; a French certificate of board and lodgings (Attestation d' Accueil) to be obtained from local French Town Hall or Police Station - It shouldbe noted that the embassy will only issue a visa valid for the duration of the stay with attestation d'Accueil based applications.
- Where Applicant's UK leave/visa status is as a dependant of their spouse/partner, they are required to present their partner's passport and an original marriage certificate. The marriage certificate must be in French or English. Marriage certificates in other languages must be translated and the translation must be authenticated by the respective embassy in the UK. Non UK marriage certificates may also require authentication at the respective UK embassy irrespective of the written language. Certificates originating from India and China require authentication.
NATIONALITY APPLICATION EXTENDED PROCESSING TIMES:
Nationals from the following countries should take into consideration the longer visa application processing time when booking travel itineraries:
Afghanistan . Algeria . Bangladesh . Belarussian . Burma . Burundi . Colombia . Congo(Zaire) . Egypt . Indonesia . Iran . Iraq . Jordan . Kuwait . North Korea . Lebanon . Libya . Myanmar . Nigeria . Oman . Pakistan . Palestine . Philippines . Qatar . Rwanda . Somalia . Sudan . Surinam . Syria . United Arab Emirates . Vietnam . Yemen . Zimbabwe
The French embassy's processing time for the above passport holders/nationals is 2 - 3 WEEKS
The French Consulate in London DOES NOT allow agencies to submit applications for the following:
- Holders of C-VISIT visas (foreign national visiting the UK on a visitor visa)
- Business visit visas
- UK residents that have been issued with 6 month or less residency from date of UK entry (eg. Fianc√© visa)
- Residents of Scotland must apply at consulate in Edinburgh
- Applicants whose passport shows that they have in the past initially travelled on a new French Schengen visa without treating France as their main destination.