Visa France
corner corner

Staying with friends or family?

ATTESTATION D'ACCEUIL ( Board and Lodging Certificate )

This document will berequired if you are travelling to France and intend to stay with friends or relatives for periods of less than 3 months.

An Attestation d'Acceuil form must be obtained by your host, from either their local Town Hall or their local Police Station.

Your host must fill in and sign a form CERFA no. 10798*03 and they will be required to present their:

  • ID card, passport or residence permit
  • Property deed or rental agreement
  • Recent utility bill or rental receipt
  • Evidence that the property is adequate and fit for the purpose of boarding a guest
  • Evidence of financial means to support their guest for duration of the stay.

The certificate can be applied for by French citizens residing abroad.

This certificate is not a required of:

  • Holders of multiple entry Schengen visas
  • Holders of visas endorsed with ‘Carte de sejour a solliciter des l'arrivee en France
  • Holders of visas endorsed with ‘Famille de Francais
  • EU / EEA nationals
  • Nationals of Switzerland , Andorra or Monaco