Staying with friends or family?
ATTESTATION D'ACCEUIL ( Board and Lodging Certificate )
This document will berequired if you are travelling to France and intend to stay with friends or relatives for periods of less than 3 months.
An Attestation d'Acceuil form must be obtained by your host, from either their local Town Hall or their local Police Station.
Your host must fill in and sign a form CERFA no. 10798*03 and they will be required to present their:
- ID card, passport or residence permit
- Property deed or rental agreement
- Recent utility bill or rental receipt
- Evidence that the property is adequate and fit for the purpose of boarding a guest
- Evidence of financial means to support their guest for duration of the stay.
The certificate can be applied for by French citizens residing abroad.
This certificate is not a required of:
- Holders of multiple entry Schengen visas
- Holders of visas endorsed with â€˜Carte de sejour a solliciter des l'arrivee en France
- Holders of visas endorsed with â€˜Famille de Francais
- EU / EEA nationals
- Nationals of Switzerland , Andorra or Monaco